Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Catch-up! Lets get you up to speed on my life ;p

I wish that I would have had the idea to start this blog from the day of my first run, but i didn't so allow me to get you caught up.

I signed up for the 2nd Annual Sac State 5K Fun Run about 2 months ago. I attended the first annual and I had a lot of fun! When I saw the signs around campus I knew I just had to sign up and do it again. ;p While I was searching around I found the stats from last year and saw a picture of me and my time.... needless to say I didn't like what I saw. I came in number 138 out of 195 females with a time of 37:20.3.

So I decided that I wanted to do it again and beat my time!!

To do this I looked up training information and made myself a running schedule, nutrition (lots of water and bananas help with performance and muscle cramping), and bought myself a new pair of running shoes from Costco for $30 buck-a-roos. ;p

With attending classes every day of the week, working with my physics group after classes as often as possible, attending as many social activities with my church, and performing service whenever needed, I didn't have much time. I found myself waking up early on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to run before class, Saturdays and any time on days when I didn't meet with my physics group or had projects and class work to complete.

I am probably close to a month and a half into my routine and becoming bored with several of my routes already... so far the best I've done is 4 miles at 42 minutes (or at least I think that was the time), anyways, it was a really good time and I was proud of myself. For the last two weeks I felt myself losing the motivation and drive to eat right and wake up early to run. I have been running after class on Tuesdays and Thursdays but only for about 2 miles or so. I've been using the excuse that my foot is going numb and I'm staying up too late. Even those these are all true, it's no excuse to lose focus. With the race at the end of this month I need to kick myself in the butt and find the drive I once had.

April 29th at 6pm I will be running my heart out!

What I've learned so far is that I'm pretty good at using my spare time in-between to do simple things like take online weekly quizzes or busy-work activities for other classes.

I lost my job last year... it will be a year on May 6th.... and in that time a lot has happened (see my profile for more info) and with this time I have been able to focus on meself and my schooling. I have learned a lot about myself and have focused on my studies more then I ever have in all my years of college. ;p Life has never felt so fulfilling for me then it has these last couple of months.

Wish me luck as I find the motivation to push through this dry spell! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment