Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Break, General Conference, Easter... etc


I feel as if this spring break accomplished a lot for me. I was able to finish my paper due on Thursday for HLSC 98, the 147 Q & A for HLSC 50, my physics homework due tuesday as well as my lab write up due Wednesday, and prepare and take charge of a group presentation on Tuesday for HLSC 114 Ecology class. I also ran almost every day this week! ;p

I was able to do all this and more and still feel as if I was able to find my moments of total down time to spend with my family and watch movies or do nothing. It was by far the most fulfilling spring break I think I have ever had.

Today and yesterday was General Conference. For those of you who dont know, gen con is the time when twice a year members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints get to hear the prophet speak. This is a time when we are given guidance and encouragement to carry us throughout our days, until 6 months later when we get to do it all again. I love it and look forward to it every April and October.
It seemed as if this session was focused on the parents and reminding them to teach their children the doctrines of the church and how to help them build their own testimonies of it's truth.

Easter was full of smiles this year as well! ;p Last night the kids hid eachothers baskets around the house for us to find in the morning. I think I hid Sydney's the best! I tied her's to the curtain rod and drapped the curtain over it so it was completely hidden. Lets just say that she was the last to find hers and she had to do it by going into the backyard and looking in to see it! ;p





Jacob and I hid some candy filled eggs in the dining and family room because of the rain, and Nicholas found the first egg of the year as well as the first of his life! ;p He was so happy and all smiles as he posed for a few pictures.








After the hunt and dinner, we watched some old home videos of us when we were younger... We laughed our heads off for Steph's pom pom dance routine to Mariah Carey and Cheerleader chants! It was too funny!

I love spending time with my family and this week off school was exactly what I needed to prepare me for next week! Next week consists of;
Mon: regular classes
Tues: Group debate in HLSC 114, and Michael Buble concert in Oakland with Mom, Dad and Steph
Wed: Exam in Both HLSC 50 and physics, date to a comedy show
Thurs: Paper due for HLSC 98
Fri: Paper due for HLSC 50, clean house, Slowpitch softball game in Elk Grove, and a Dance after! ;p
It will be great!
Until next time, I love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment