Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Profile... it was too big so I decided to post as a blog

Hello world of blogging! ;p My name is Jessica Pierce and I am 23 years old. I decided to start this blog to write about and keep track of my running progress. I thought that maybe my friends of facebook were tired of hearing about my times and how far I ran that day and how hard it was or how good I felt. So.... here we are. ;p

Lets take a look into the past couple of years of my life so you can get a better understanding of where I am coming from:

Last year was a hard emotional year for me. Ever since I was a little girl I have always wanted a dog. I was given my first dog in October of 2007. It was one of the happiest days of my life!!! ;p Chico Chocolate Pierce, a purebred red and black shaded Miniature Dachshund. He was the most precious pup you've ever seen and I loved him to death from the first day he was born! I helped his mother give birth to him and his 4 other siblings on August 17, 2007. From that day on I went down to my neighbors house as often as I could to check on these adorable little sweetys! ;p The owner talked to my parents and told them that she wanted to give me one of the puppies because she knew that having one for me would mean the world! After bringing the pup home my parents just couldn't refuse those long ears and puppy eyes!

I will admit, at first I thought dachshunds weren't that attractive to look at and that they were just a stupid toy dogs that sat around the house and were plain, good-for-nothin dogs. Boy was I proven wrong!

Chico became my running partner and my best friend! ;p When we first started running, he was so little...and I ran his poor paws raw to the point of me needing to put cream on them and he had to sit out for a few runs while he healed. He LOVED our runs!!!

Before Chico there was just me and my cat Casey. I got Casey when I was 4 and he would follow me wherever I went (down to the creek, to out fort, for walks on the trail around my house...etc)
On May 6th 2009 my life as I knew it would take a major turn. I showed up for work at an outpatient physical therapy clinic where I had worked for a year and a half. I was greeted by one of the owners of the company and from that moment I new something was up. I was taken to the back and told that I was being laid off and everyone in the office would be replaced. I was devastated! I loved my job and I couldn't imagine how this could happen to me!

I went home... I cried... I called my dad and told him what happened where he informed me of unemployment and what that would do for me. The day seemed to go on forever. I had a class at 5 o'clock which I knew I couldn't miss. After class I received a phone call from my dad saying that he was on his way to the vet to put Casey to sleep. My dad had found him sitting on the grass unable to move his back legs. He didn't know what happened to him, all he knew was that it did not look good. Casey was 18 years old and always an outdoor cat.

I went home and cried some more.

May 6, 2009 I lost my job and my 'ol boy Casey.

I had an O.K. summer.

Then came a new semester and what I thought a new beginning.

October came and I was looking forward to dressing Chico up in the hot dog Halloween costume! I was looking at every Target store for his size!

October 8th I decided to go and play Frisbee tag with a group of friends. We had a blast! My boyfriend and I went to In-N-Out to finish the day the right way. ;p As I was driving my boyfriend back to his house I received a call from my little sister. She was crying and saying things that I didnt understand. I asked her to calm down and tell me what was going on. She said that she didn't now how it happened but Chico had gotten out and was across the street. They didn't even know that he was out until a motorized scooter sped past and Chico started barking and running after them. My Dad was working on the car and ran in to get my sister to run after him. She ran to the end of the street where she found him dead in the middle of the street. He was hit my a car and already dead. There was nothing that she could have done. I was shocked! I couldn't believe what I had been told. I got home and found him in a box on the lawn. My dad was waiting for me to get home so we could find a place to bury him and I could say goodbye.

I was torn to pieces! I had lost my best friend... My first dog... my baby. He was mine and I loved him. I had just gotten him hook op with a lady to breed him and it was all over.

October 8, 2009 my baby boy was taken from me.

October 11, 2009 broke up with my boyfriend of a year and a half.

I spent months just going through the motions. Life was terrible and it was all I could do to smile and act like I wasn't torn up. After all to my peers, it was just a dog! ... But to me he was my child. He was my running partner. I would take him to my softball games every Thursday and Friday night and he absolutely loved the rides in the cars. On days when I didn't my team would ask where he was. He went everywhere he could with me.

I had no job, no cat, no dog, and no boyfriend to tell me it would all be ok. I decided in November to move to an apartment with my Brother, sister-in-law and baby nephew. This put me closer to school and gave me a shot at a new start in a new place without leaving Everything behind. I spent that month and my Christmas break in bed watching the entire seasons of The Office and House.

My friends worked their best to get me out of the house, and when my episodes ended I joined them. Things gradually got better and the nights became easier.

I cant explain how much better I am today. Although I still have bad days I realize that it all happened for a reason and where I am now is where I'm supposed to be.

Right now I am on Spring Break and spending it at my parents house. They have since gotten a new weiner... Kayko.... She is adorable and is looking more and more like Chico (only she has long hair ;p) She has been sitting next to me the entire time I have been setting up this blog. I love her and she is also helping me get through. Although I can't see her everyday, I look forward to my visits home and spending time with the sweety girl. ;p

Well that's my story. Today I am still single and enjoying life and hanging out with my friends. My new apartment doesn't allow dogs... which is ok since I don't have much money. I am still jobless and spending time focusing on myself and learning more about whats makes me, me.

This is a blog about my life...and right now my life consists of family, pets, school, my friends and social life. I hope you enjoy. Believe me...My life is great and my blogs wont be as depressing as my bio was. ;p Or at least I hope I've gotten over that traffic block in my life.To all my readers...HOLLA! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment