Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sac State 5k Fun Run!!!

Bib number 302 came running under that finish arch in 31:32 min…… (5k = 3.1 miles).
First of all, I am very proud of myself (last year was 37:20)

So the route was through the campus, along the foot bridge, down to Howe Ave along the top of the levee, back along the bike path, across the bridge again to end it all on the home stretch by the Hornet bookstore.

Through campus there were students who had gotten out of class and were cheering us on! ;p it felt amazing!

Running across the bridge was really narrow because there were already the “Advanced” group of runners on their way back. So I got stuck behind some walkers and slowed to a walk (1.5 or so miles in…) as I walked to wait for a time to pass I noticed the bridge was bouncing pretty good underneath all the weight of the runners. It was bouncing pretty good!!! So I quickly go around them and made my way onto the levee.

I ran the entire first mile and prolly about another half before I got stopped. It felt really nice!! The last mile was the hardest. After passing the 2 mile mark my right Achilles tendon started to hurt and my left foot was starting to go numb. The sprint at the end was easy however. This is where I wish I would have REALLY sprinted and did my hardest.

I am, however, really pleased with the time that I received. I was predicting that I would get around 32, so I did better than I thought. I was hoping for under 30 though…. That will require more training and a better diet though! ;p

After the race, Chipotle was there handing out free burritos! ;p Chick-fil-a was too but I decided on the burrito. We also snached an entire box of Nutrogena Sample size sunscreen! ;p haha
With a 10 minute mile I’m in really good shape to start looking at getting to an 8 min mile I think. This is going to be my new goal, and ill se it for 3 months down the road… so…. July 29, 2010 is my set date to reach an 8 min mile! “Watch me!” ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment